Monday, February 1, 2010

Today by Jinxi Caddell

Today

Now is not the time
to live in the past.

You are not your past...
you are so much more.

Make memory lane
a destination on the journey;
not the finish line.

Use lessons learned
to guide your way.

Be proud of days gone by…
but be bigger;
and better;
and brighter than ever before.

The past is there
to learn from.

The present is here
to live.

The future awaits
with open arms.

Don’t be the old version of anything.
Be the best version of yourself
... today.

~ j-boo
http://www.jinxiboo.com/blog/2010/1/27/today-a-poem-about-the-past-present-and-future.html


I've been subscribing to Jinxi's blog for awhile now since I stumbled it. Jinxi has an infectious enthusiasm for life that I find refreshing and this poem really spoke to me. Especially the lines about memory lane being a stop on the destination and not the finish line.

1 comment:

  1. awww... thanks a million for posting this & for your wonderful support and kindness! I appreciate it so much!

    I am so happy to have found your fantastic blog & just subscribed so I can keep up on your wonderful-ness!!!

    Have a great week ahead, doll!!

    Sending hugs, Jinxi

    PS - best cat names ever (he he). Meow!

    ReplyDelete