Thursday, February 25, 2010

WE GOT THE REBATE!!!!

We actually slept last night after we found out we got the heating rebate woohoo! For once the system worked for us and not against us and they will be paying $550 on our power bill. We'll still have another big bill but it won't be anything like the $657 bill we got this month and right now we're grateful for any help. It was nice to actually sleep last night and not have the worry of whether or not we would get it hanging over our heads.

Also, my dear friend Eden got the book I'd crafted for her, it finally arrived and she loved it which made me happy. I love to craft for my friends and it's great when people appreciate what you've made them. Can you believe that not everyone likes hand crafted gifts? I usually craft Christmas presents, just because gifts and have found that many people think of hand made gifts as less than store bought gifts. I'd rather have a badly made something than a well made store bought anything. I remember years ago when my step mother had made her foray into tole painting. She made a beautiful serving tray and if you don't know anything about tole painting, it's very time intensive. She spent hours and hours on this piece and it was just beautiful. Debby is one of those amazing people who can just pick up any craft she is interested in and excel at it. She just blows me away. Anyway, she was so proud of this tray and the person she gave it too gave a cursory thanks and just stashed it away in a cupboard as I remember it. Debby was crushed and on her behalf I was livid. Don't get me wrong, people who craft don't expect parades, awards or huge acknowledgments but at the same time it's not hard to tell when someone doesn't really appreciate what you've done. And that's hard when you put your heart and soul into something.

But it's easy to tell when someone likes what you've made them and Eden I was overwhelmed by your response to my little gift. And it warmed me beyond measure that L liked it also.

So, today is a pretty good day. I mailed out many cards and letters yesterday, I got my first PostCrossing postcard today and had an awesome day with my friend Jenny yesterday. We had a blast going to the dollar store and she treated me to lunch at Burger King - I hadn't had a Whopper in ages and it was an awesome treat. AND, Canada beat Russia last night and is hopefully on the road to gold in men's hockey.

Today it's good to be me and for that I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. I've been missing you a lot, and you've been on my mind. Hopefully, you'll receive my small gift within the next two weeks. And no, I can't believe people would like store-bought when handcrafted is infinitely so much better. Much love to you, and congrats on the rebate.

    ReplyDelete